Donnerstag, 9. September 2010

The color of light.

I am well known for my almost always either partially or completely missing concepts at shootings. "Intutional and creative usage of what is around and try to beat the maximum out of it" describes what I am doing in a nicer way. 


Yesterday I was facing the following situation: 

  1. 1 Beautiful, very creative model with the urgent need to paint herself in black acrylic color.
  2. 1 Small bathroom with white tub, white ceiling and blue ceramic plates
  3. 1 camera, 1 lens, 1 speedlight and a pair of these bloody damn cheap crap cactus triggers and receivers. 

The cactus' had a bad day and didn't work. The ambient was not enough to achieve a good result. So I did what a desperate photog does: I used the speedlight in the way it was designed for. On camera. I bounced over the ceiling just to give it a try.

The result of a first test shot was more than unfruitful. Flat and boring and bleh. 

I turned the head of the flash to the right, pointing directly towards the blue walls and dialed its power up one stop. I wanted to color the light blueish to get a cold atmosphere. Never tried this but I read something about it on a blog recently.

Well, it worked like a charm. Sometimes I am just a lucky little bastard amazed about the possibilites one can get out of almost every situation. 



Keine Kommentare: