Samstag, 4. September 2010

Esthetics of the invisible.

Sometimes the unexpected and accidental  can give your vision of art a new direction. A few months ago I took a picture. It turned out blurry and looked strange and odd as I checked at in on the display of my camera. 




I nevertheless didn't delete it. At home, a few weeks later, I stumbled upon it again on my harddrive. I found that it has something. Something completely different than my usual work. I realized that I like it more than any other picture I took in the past few months. And I took A LOT. Really.


From time to time I wanted to go into that direction again. 
I wanted to capture the mood, not the subject. 
Mood itself shall be the subject.




After almost 3 years these pictures are still among the very few shots that I really love. 


Being in the middle of personal changes and bored of what I did over the last months it seems to be the perfect moment to think again about these kind of pictures. Find out how and why they fascinate me. And maybe twist the direction of my photography a little bit more into that direction. 



Not knowing where this will lead. Not knowing what the value of theses pictures is. Knowing that on the market and in forums people won't cheer like usual when I show some nice new glossy portraits. Knowing that what I do is neither technically nor in terms of directing or setup-wise a big achievment. 


But knowing that I like these pictures more than anything else I did over the last years is reason enough to continue.

Keine Kommentare: